Marantz AV8805 – 13.2 Channel Pre-Amplifier
Buy Marantz AV8805 – 13.2 Channel Pre-Amplifier processing XLR and RCA outputs and flexible pre-amplifier stages — ideal for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
Immerse yourself in three-dimensional audio with the 13.2 Channel 4K Ultra HD Network AV Surround Preamplifier with HEOS from Marantz. Designed for audiophile home cinema and music listening, this preamplifier offers 13.2-channel processing capability and supports most high-resolution, multi-channel audio formats including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, with Auro-3D support scheduled via future firmware update. The AV8805 enables you to enjoy enhanced audio quality supported by proprietary current feedback and HDAM technology that passes signals through 15.2-channel XLR or RCA outputs. Moreover, it allows you to stream music throughout your home with HEOS multi-room listening and full wireless connectivity through the HEOS app or Amazon Alexa Voice Control, supported by Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay. You can also voice-control the AV8805 via your Google Assistant, Siri, or Josh.ai ecosystem.
- 13.2 channel processing with 15.2 channel XLR and RCA outputs and flexible pre-amplifier stages — ideal for the advanced home cinema enthusiast
- Enjoy immersive, three-dimensional sound with the latest surround formats including Dolby Atmos (up to 7.1.6 or 9.1.4), DTS:X and Auro-3D (up to 13.1)
- High-performance 192kHz/32bit D/A converters for all channels provide the highest resolution for music and movies
- Audyssey MultEQ XT32, LFC, Sub EQ HT, Dynamic Volume and DynamicEQ deliver equalization to best suit your listening environment
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi with 2.4GHz/5GHz dual band support offer improved network stability even in Wi-Fi-crowded homes
- Listen from any room of your home with HEOS wireless music streaming technology and the HEOS app
- Ultimate visual quality with 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR, BT.2020, Dolby Vision and HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma) pass-through
- eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) functionality via firmware update supports the most advanced surround and object-based audio formats, including Dolby Atmos and DTS:X via single HDMI connection between AVRs and compatible TVs
- 8 HDMI inputs, including one on the front, with full HDCP 2.2 support, plus three HDMI outputs (zones), plenty of inputs for your digital devices and the ability to support different video in different rooms
- Analog to HDMI conversion and SD to HD/4K Upscaling for legacy video sources, plus full HD and even Ultra HD video quality from existing DVDs or analog sources
- Stream music from AirPlay, Bluetooth, TuneIn Internet radio, Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM, Amazon Prime Music, TIDAL and more via the HEOS app
- Network music streaming supported via DSD (2.8/5.6MHz), FLAC, ALAC and WAVsupport for high-resolution, Hi-Fi listening
- Installation and operation are seamless with the Setup Assistant and Marantz AVR Remote app
The 13.2-channel AV8805 with 15.2-channel XLR and RCA outputs provides a flexible yet detailed preamplifier stage for the advanced home cinema enthusiast. Enjoy it with acoustically matching Marantz MM series power amplifiers such as the MM8077 (available separately), and immerse yourself in three-dimensional audio provided by surround formats such as Dolby Atmos, DTS:X, and Auro-3D. Marantz HDAM technology combines discrete precision-matched circuit elements with ultra-wide-end response for a wider soundstage and refined musical reproduction. Built-in Bluetooth, Wi-Fi streaming, and HEOS support, plus Apple AirPlay compatibility, let you stream and enjoy your favorite audio wirelessly.
HDMI Connectivity and HDCP 2.2 Compliance
The Marantz AV8805 supports HDCP 2.2 on all eight HDMI inputs, as well as 4K Ultra HD 60 Hz video, 4:4:4 pure color sub-sampling, High Dynamic Range (HDR), 21:9 video, 3D, and BT.2020 pass-through. It is compatible with 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc players, set-top boxes, and other 4K Ultra HD sources. Dolby Vision compatibility, HLG (Hybrid Log Gamma), and HDR format for broadcasting and pass-through are also supported.
HDMI eARC Object-Based Audio Support via Firmware Update
eARC (Enhanced Audio Return Channel) supports the transmission of 3D audio from your TV apps with a single HDMI connection for simple setup. This feature is scheduled to be made available via a future firmware update.
Built-In Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and AirPlay Capabilities
Featuring Bluetooth and Wi-Fi wireless streaming connectivity, the AV8805 is equipped with an advanced dual-antenna transceiver system for robust streaming even in congested urban environments. Plus, with Apple AirPlay compatibility, you can enjoy listening to your favorite audio content wirelessly from iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.
The AV8805 lets you discover the fidelity of high-resolution audio tracks with the ability to decode up to 24-bit/192 kHz ALAC, FLAC, and WAV lossless files as well as DSD 2.8 MHz and 5.6 MHz tracks (the audiophile format of SACD) via the front-panel USB port and network sources. It also allows you to listen to other popular file types such as MP3.
Advanced 32-Bit D/A Conversion on All Channels
The Marantz AV8805 features premium grade AK4490 32-bit DACs on all channels and XLR input and outputs. There’s a balanced XLR stereo input that’s assignable as well as 15.2 balanced XLR outputs, which includes the two subwoofer outputs, front height/width outputs, and overhead channels. This extensive balanced XLR compatibility ensures high-end performance in the home and the studio, while 15.2 pre-outs (RCA jacks) provide additional compatibility with multiple power amplifier types.
High-Grade Audio Components
The AV8805 features Marantz proprietary HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) components, which consist of precision-matched circuit elements on a compact sub-board along with ultra-wide-band response (100 kHz, -3 dB) for an open soundstage with refined detail reproduction.
Dual Subwoofer Outputs
A single subwoofer demands optimal placement to avoid audible peaks and dips in the low-frequency response at the main listening position. The AV8805 supports two subwoofers: used in different locations, these even out the low-frequency response for more accurate bass anywhere in the room.
Easy to Set Up, Easy to Use
For easy installation, the AV8805’s clear graphical on-screen display has a Setup Assistant that provides guidance and helps optimize critical settings to maximize sound quality, whatever your configuration.
|Frequency Response||10 Hz to 100 kHz +1/-3 dB (direct mode)|
|S/N||105 dB IHF-A weighted (direct mode)|
|Distortion||20 Hz to 20 kHz: 0.005% (direct mode)|
|Digital Input||Format: Digital audio interface|
|Input Sensitivity||2.5 mV|
|Deviation||RIAA: ±1 dB (20 Hz to 20 kHz)|
|S/N||74 dB (IHF-A weighted, with 5 mV input)|
|Distortion||Factor: 0.03% (1 kHz, 3 V)|
|HDCP Support||HDCP 2.2|
|Conversion||Analog to HDMI|
|Scaling||Analog to HDMI: 480i/576i up to 4K 60/50
HDMI to HDMI: Up to 4K 60/50
|Input/Output Level and Impedance||
|50dB Sensitivity Mono/Stereo||Mono: 2.8 µV (20.2 dBf)|
|Frequency Range||2.4 to 5.0 GHz|
|Communications||2.4 to 5.0 GHz|
|Communications||Bluetooth version 3.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)|
|Transmission Power||Class 1|
|Communication Range||Max: Approx. 98.4′ / 30 m in line of sight|
|Frequency Range||2.4 GHz|
|Modulation||FHSS (Frequency-Hopping Spread Spectrum)|
|Transmission Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz|
|Dimensions||17.3 x 16.1 x 7.3″ / 43.9 x 40.9 x 18.5 cm|
|Weight||30.2 lb / 13.7 kg|
We make every effort to ensure that all products are shipped within 10 days from the date of order. (please note that the actual shipping time may vary based on the availability of stock.) In the event that a product is not in stock, we will make every effort to promptly obtain the product and ship it to you as soon as possible.
If you require assistance with the installation and connection of your new system, you can schedule a video call with us. During the video call, we will walk you through the installation and connection process and provide you with any necessary guidance and support.